Content Warning: I talk about Death, Cancer, and Grieving in this one.
No script for this one. I bulleted out some things I wanted to talk about, presented as follows:
- As I play this
- I have been thinking about this game a lot
- Games let us play with ideas
- Conventional horror lets us play with the idea of dying
- This game wants you to play with the idea of grieving
- We right now need new rituals
- I have been untouched by the worst of the plague
- I pledged to write about this game this year
I didn’t know if I should play this game this month. It’s not a dread thing. It’s not a horror game. In a way, it’s the exact opposite
- When I started recording this footage, I was waiting to hear from someone who was in surgery.
- They’re okay now
- But the conversations going in were scary