I’m job searching right now, working on finding some work leading up to the new year. It sucks, trust me. Today – when I wrote this, not when this goes up – I did a bunch of things.
- I did a preliminary rulebook for Sector 86
- I contacted a number of businesses about job opportunities (five)
- I cleaned up the house
- I brought in the laundry
- I wrote three articles for the blog (which is why this is so far ahead!)
- I developd a schedule for posting MTG stuff to my blog
- I had lunch
- I walked the dog
- I gave the dog his worming tablet
- I made a slow-cooked dinner for Fox
- I updated my blog’s opening presentation, which is like, a resume element
- I set up a twitter for a new podcast that’s coming
- Tried to do more work on my PhD submission
And despite all that, I’m sitting here, at six pm, fizzing quietly, and wondering to myself… have I done enough today?
I’m not feeling great these days. I’m riddled with anxiety and I’m stressed and I’m feeling unproductive. But when I sit down and write out a list of things I did today, it always is that I ‘waste’ a lot of time doing things.
You have to get into the habit of determining what your goals are. You have to be able to set yourself limits and say today I’m done with this.