Let’s mark out some clear, distinct, achievable goals.
- One completed game design a month.
- One t-shirt design a month.
- Daily blog posts, with weekly entries for:
- a Magic The Gathering article
- a Game Pile article
- a Story Pile article
- A video a month
That seems doable to me. What makes this complicated, though is that I’m also going to be doing a PhD. So… that might transform my workload. We’ll have to see.
So why do I bring this up? Well, first, laying it out like this is a good way to make sure I have a plan. I’ve found making something of what I do accountable is important. The other thing is, I’m going to spend January looking into launching a Patreon, which will be about:
- work-in-progress stuff on game designs
- group sales of games where if I can get 20~ people interested, I’ll send out bulk copies of games without postage
- voting and contributions directly on future game content
- raising money to hire artists!
There. That’s it. Stated. A plan.
I can’t necessarily weasel out of this easily. Weasily? We’ll see.