Look at me, I’m so clever.
Anyway, this blog started out by Fox just bullying me into it, but now I’ve found myself in the swing of it, I want to make sure I have some sort of public record of what I’m doing and what I’m trying to do. Without any real structure to it, then, here are the parameters of what I’m trying to do:
- Post at least one post a day that requires some thought, even if it’s just a joke or link to a news story, youtube video, or the like. Something that feeds the mind would be ideal.
- Write criticism and analysis of the games I have been neglecting for the past few years of MMO-locked inefficiency.
- Write at least one short story a week, in the setting of the Ages of Sand.
- Discuss storytelling, roleplaying, or games, in some way that explains an idea worth understanding for its own merit. Topics like immersion, or interactivity, or the idea of the sell, for example.
- Minimise my use of the words actually, just, got, and so.
So far it’s going okay – some days I’ll post two things at once, and some days I’ll have the bug to write a lot. I’m trying to space it out, rather than give anyone the equivalent of a term paper’s worth of reading, and as university schedules pick up, I’m sure things will have to adapt.